- Latest News
- Life Style
Fujairah, UAE: Team Abu Dhabi’s Rashed Al Tayer and Majed Al Mansoori are poised to mount a big title challenge when the Fujairah Grand Prix ignites the 2021 UIM XCAT World Championship tomorrow (Wednesday).
The Emirati duo in Abu Dhabi 5 were fastest in official practice and later qualified in second position for tomorrow’s first of three Grand Prix races taking place in the space of four days off Fujairah International Marine Club.
With the Italian/Australian partnership of Giovanni Carpitella and Darren Nicholson taking pole position in 222 Offshore, Team Abu Dhabi’s Shaun Torrente and Faleh Al Mansoori in Abu Dhabi 4 set the third fastest time.
Victory Team’s Erik Stark and Mohamed Alyammahi were sixth quickest as this year’s shortened XCAT World Championship got underway, with the Dubai Police pairing of Arif Al Zaffain and Nadir Bin Hendi qualifying in eighth spot.
Torrente and Al Mansoori, who won the world XCAT crown in 2018 only to see it slip agonisingly away in 2019, have high hopes of regaining the title, with two more Grand Prix races to follow in Dubai on 10-11 December.
There can be no doubting the championship credentials of Abu Dhabi team-mates Al Tayer and Majed Al Mansoori however, and they are looking to take a big step up following their fourth place in the 2019 series.
They were also part of the four-man all-Emirati crew who finished runner-up in this year’s UIM World Endurance Championships won by the other Team Abu Dhabi crew of Rashed Al Qemzi, Thani Al Qemzi and Mansoor Al Mansoori.
Leading qualifying times for Fujairah Grand Prix Race 1
1. (IT/AU) Giovanni Carpitella/Darren Nicholson 3.17.399
2. Abu Dhabi 5 (UAE) Rashed Al Tayer/Majed Al Mansoori 3.20.699
3. Abu Dhabi 4 (UAE) Shaun Torrente/Faleh Almansoori 3.21.548
4. Six (MC) Tomaso Polli/Matteo Nicolini 3.24.843
5. Team GB (UK) Scott Williams/Martin Campbell 3.25.210
6. Victory Team (UAE) Erik Stark/Mohamed Alyammahi 3,27.289
7. Foresti E Suardi (IT) Roberto Lo Piano/Giampaolo Montavoci 3.29.737
8. Dubai Police (UAE) Arif Al Zaffain/Nadir Bin Hendi 3.30.272
9. HPI Racing Team (IT) Rosario Schiano Di Cola/Giuseppe Schiano Di Cola 3.30.589
10. Pasta Amato (IT) Alfredo Amato/Saul Bubacco 3.43.225
Microsoft today announced that the new Surface Pro 8 will be available in the country from Februa
New Delhi and Mumbai: Hero Electric, India’s No.1 EV company and the Mahin
Chennai: Over the past year, audio has been increasingly integrated into co
New Delhi: Acer today debuted four new Chromebooks that meet a range of cus
HSINCHU, Taiwan: MediaTek today announced its new Kompanio™ 1380 chip, which offers a new level of performance and best-in-c
Chennai:Indus Health Plus – a pioneer in preventive healthcare has observed thyroid trends based on the hea
UAE-headquartered upscale residential, hospitality and commercial property developer Seven Tides has announced only a few luxurious penthouse apart